About Maureen O’Kane
Maureen grew up believing in evolution until she read a Bible for the first time at the age of 25. Creation’s straightforward story of a personal God designing each species presented a beautiful – and more logical – image of who we are in heaven’s eyes. Since then, Maureen has shared Scripture science programs at schools, campgrounds, women’s retreat, churches, conventions (both U.S. and Canada), and once at the Washington State Penitentiary. More recently, she has spoken at the Design Science Association in Portland, OR, as well as the Creation Association of Puget Sound, both creation apologetics organizations.
Her career and community roles have included:
- Marketing Executive for both national and international healthcare corporations
- Motivational Speaker for customer-service training videos
- PR for Non-Profit Organization for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- Court-Appointed Advocate & Therapeutic Foster Parent
- Bible Class Teacher for teens (27 years) and adult seekers (9 years)
- Depression Recovery Seminar Facilitator Coordinator and Instructor
Maureen’s passion is to research scientific discoveries through the eyes of Scripture, believing science and faith together provide a more complete image of our Creator God.
On a personal side, Maureen loves to hike and explore, learn about our planet and fellow creatures, listen to different world views through documentaries and science forums. Family and friends are precious gifts from God, as is being given each day to make a difference.